SILC Group Masterclasses
SILC Student Leadership Group Masterclasses
Develop practical leadership skills online through our popular SILC Student Leadership Masterclasses.
We offer groups a range of online programmes including;
- University preparatory courses
- Student council immersion training
- Well-being and school community development immersion
- Future leaders workshop with guest speakers
- Organisation & study skills training
- Team building course
These masterclasses were developed over the past 12 years together with our international school and corporate partners. Each course is designed for our clients based on our existing portfolio of modules.
Our courses typically run for 3 weeks, with one, two or three weekly online micro-masterclasses, depending on your group’s chosen curriculum, time requirements and other needs.
These bitesized masterclasses can be easily integrated into students’ daily routines, and are a great way to help give students structure, practical skills and motivation, building on important leadership skills essential for success at school, university and the workplace.
Delivered by our Senior Trainers, guest speakers including the Forbes business woman of the year, top athletes, Swiss watchmaker Hublot’s Innovation Director, the Chairman of the Emirates Investment Center and industry experts.
Each online session ends with a practical task that can be applied in real world scenarios to reinforce the lesson’s learning outcome, and students end the course with a certificate of completion and a Personal Action Plan to help them with the continued development of their skills in the months following the course.
TRUSTED BY SCHOOLS AROUND THE WORLD
For more than 11 years the SILC Academy curriculum has benefited students around the world, complementing their academic learning with the addition of essential soft skills for their future.
Our curriculum was developed in partnership with many of the top international schools with whom we have worked:
Maximise learning and engagement though our online Masterclasses
- Available for participants ages 11-17
- Flexible timings and duration. Each masterclass typically runs 60 or 120 minutes.
- Content delivered by Senior Trainers
- Future Leaders workshop includes industry leading guest speakers with backgrounds in Education, Business, Psychology, Athletics, Media, Marketing and more
- Develop essential soft skills used at school, university and future life
- The SILC curriculum is based on our work with top schools around the world – we bring the best from our school workshops, leadership conferences, summer and winter camps
- Each session ends with a real world challenge to reinforce the learning outcomes
- Accessible online platform – join from anywhere in the world, with any device – join the live session or watch the recording later!
- Group breakaway sessions, discussion board and personalised feedback from trainers
- Each participant completes the course with a Personal Action Plan to ensure continued development as well as a certificate of completion that looks great on CVs
How it works
Fun and engaging online micro-masterclasses
Run by our experienced Senior Trainers, we offer impactful and practical sessions that help students apply the skills directly in their daily lives by sharing real world examples, case studies, personal experiences and tools that can be applied at home, at school, during activities or with friends and family.
Workshops are not pre-recorded, but delivered live. Our Senior Trainers interact constantly with the students for maximum engagement
Practical application of the skills and online discussion
To help digest and train these leadership skills, students will be given a practical task at the end of each session. These tasks are designed to be applied in real world scenarios, with family and friends. Students can also ask questions and share reflections on their practical tasks via our private Discussion Board, and will also get direct feedback from our Senior Trainers.
Personalised feedback, Personal Action Plans and Certificate of completion
During evaluation sessions and through our Discussion Board our staff provide students with direct feedback for repeated application of the learned skills. As part of the course, students work on their Personal Action Plans where they select the skills most beneficial to them and come up with a plan on how to develop them further, receiving personal feedback from our Trainers.
Who and what
Senior Trainers and guest speakers
The course content is delivered by our SILC Senior Trainers, Head of Student Development and Director who present the leadership skills and help students follow up via the online Discussion Board. We are pleased to work with a diverse group of trainers from many different backgrounds and industries including Education, Business, Psychology, Athletics, Media, Marketing and more.
As part of our Future Leader series, students will also have the opportunity to hear from guest speakers who have shown great success and leadership in their lives and careers. Guest speakers include:
- Forbes Middle East business woman of the Year
- Chairman of the Emirates Investment Centre
- Olympic archery gold medallist and CEO of the Olympic Archery Center Lausanne
- Swiss watchmaker Hublot’s Director of Innovation & Chief Operating Officer
- Chef and Chief Nutritionist from Nestlé Alimentarium
- Fashion designer Ines Figaro
- Spain’s leading business & finance lawyer
- and more!
Learn strategies to help accomplish your goals by being well-organised, proactive, motivated, and setting the right priorities.
- Goal Setting
Learn how to be constantly proactive and to set the right goals
- Making Choices
Learn how to set the right priorities and how to align choices with your peers
- Time Management
How to manage your time more effectively and reduce stress
- Evaluation & Optimisation
Learn to self-evaluate & optimise your actions
- Constructive routines and high performance
Learn how to raise your standards for future success
- Study skills
Develop effective strategies for learning and taking responsibility of your future
Explore the key components of effective communication based on connecting with other people and groups.
- Communicate & Connect
Practice connecting with others and building rapport by asking questions, mirroring and using the right body language
- Present & Convince
Learn about presentation skills and how to successfully share your ideas
- Conflict & Reconnect
Explore conflict management styles and how to turn a disconnect into a stronger connection
- Public Speaking & Media Training
Enhance presentation, interviewing and media skills
- Social and Emotional Learning
Explore the management of your emotions and how to feel and show empathy towards others
Teamwork & Well-being modules
Learn how to identify and develop your talents and well-being in daily life and when working with friends.
- Talent Development
Discover your character strengths and how to further develop them
- Team Roles
See how to create synergy from different team roles and character strengths when working together
Discover key tools for boosting your satisfaction in life
- Healthy Habits
Explore how to practice habits that motivate and inspire you
- Global Citizenship
Explore what it means to be a global citizen & how to put your ideas into action together with others